Hockey Day at Changing Gear
Get any hockey equipment that is not needed out of the way and come get geared up for the new season while helping WMHA raise funds for programming at WMHAs Hockey Day at Changing Gear. Check back for more details.
Hockey Day at ChangingGear
Whitehorse Minor Hockey Fundraiser
When: Saturday, Sept 8th, 2018 from 10am to 2pm
Where: ChangingGear at 91810 Alaska Highway, right beside the Bethany Church - parking will be in the Bethany Church parking lot.
Why: Working with Whitehorse Minor Hockey this will be an excellent chance to get your kids outfitted properly for the coming season. We will have stations setup for each of the types of equipment required and should be able to almost completely outfit your child. This is a fundraising event for Whitehorse Minor. There will be Senior gear available as well and we will consign Senior gear the same way for this event.
Who: ChangingGear working with Whitehorse Minor Hockey
How: If you have hockey gear that is in good condition and you can make some money while helping fundraise for Whitehorse Minor Hockey - you have a couple optionsâ€¦.
- Option 1: Consign your gear at the store any time prior to Thursday, Sept 6th - we will have our standard consignment rates in effect but on the day of the sale we will move up to a 70/30 split for you with half of the store proceeds going to Whitehorse Minor.
- Option 2: Come into the store before Thursday, September 6th and you can donate your gear to Whitehorse Minor, 80% of the sale price will go to Whitehorse Minor Hockey for that day.
- We accept:
- Hockey Pants, Shoulder pads, Shin pads, Socks, Skates, Helmets, Sticks, Gloves, Elbow pads, Jerseys, Goalie gear, Hockey Bags,
- We do NOT accept
- Any used jocks or jills
- Any one-piece suits unless they are in like new condition
- Neck guards
- No rips, tears, missing straps, cracks, moldy gear on the equipment
- 20% of all inside retail hockey sales on that day will go to Whitehorse Minor Hockey
- Any gear that is not sold on the day can be left in the store on consignment to be sold throughout the fall and winter (at the regular consignment prices = 50/50) - all gear that is not being left will need to be picked up by Sept 11th at 5:30pm. All equipment will be inspected by Changing Gear staff to ensure safety and quality control.
There will be a concession and door prizes available.