WMHA LOOKING FOR OFFICE MANAGER
Whitehorse Minor Hockey Office Manager
Whitehorse Minor Hockey is hiring an Office Manager who will be primarily focused on registration duties and member services but may assume other administrative duties when necessary. The Office Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and President. While the position will require an average of 20 hours per week, this requirement may fluctuate due to the peaks and valleys of the seasonal workflow throughout the year and/or any changes in scope of the position as determined by the Executive Director and WMHA Executive. Hours can be flexible and there is an opportunity to execute a portion of the duties required remotely.
- Accurate and timely responding to and processing of emails and telephone calls
- Registration of players, team officials and teams within the Association, including ensuring that registration functions are conducted in accordance with the rules of the governing hockey bodies, Hockey Canada (National), BC Hockey (Provincial), and Hockey Yukon (District), as well as the regulations and policies of the Association itself.
- Responding to registration inquiries and supporting families in the registration process
- Generating registration reports and team rosters
- Reconciling registration payments, refunds and adjustments in conjunction with Treasurer
- Banking and account reconciliation
- Working within the Hockey Canada Registry to ensure player transfers, player and team registrations and other functions are executed in a timely manner
- Other administrative duties as required and determined
- Excellent organizational, priority management and administrative skills within a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work with confidential information and maintain absolute discretion
- Proven ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively, exercise sound judgment and anticipate the needs and requirements of the association
- Ability to multitask
- Enjoy a high volume, fast paced work environment
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org This posting will remain active until the position has been filled. Those applicants deemed most qualified by the hiring committee will be contacted for an interview.
Whitehorse Minor Hockey Association is a volunteer driven Minor Hockey Association with a vision to be a progressive Association that develops positive life and hockey skills and contributes to the building of good citizens through the sport of hockey.
For more information about Whitehorse Minor Hockey please go to our website whitehorseminorhockey.ca